- (2 pieces/1.5-2lbs) Pork Backbone
- (2 tbsp) olive oil or lard
- (1) onion (diced)
- (3 cloves) garlic (diced)
- (28oz) can diced tomatoes
- (2 cups) pork, beef or lamb broth
- (1 tbsp) fish sauce (optional)
- (1 tbsp) apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 325F
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat
Season backbone pieces with salt and pepper and brown on all sides
Add onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant
Add vinegar, fish sauce, broth, tomatoes, and salt & pepper.
Cover and cook in oven for 3 hours.
Serve over rice if desired